*Updated 5 Senses Packet*


Today I have a special updated version of my Super 5 Senses download! With fall in full swing many classes are beginning to teach all about apples and pumpkins. Back when I was teaching kindergarten my class and I spent about a week or so discussing our 5 senses and how they help us make choices but also how they help us observe and describe things around us. Keeping in tune with all the apples and pumpkin fun...here's my 5 senses packet!

If you have already purchased this download: be sure to redownload this version at my TpT store!

Let's take a look at what's included:

Now introduce your class to the senses using this bright and easy-to-read posters for your classroom! Keep them posted year round or display them on your focus board :)

Use these accompanying coloring pages for your class to color and label the appropriate body part! This teaches word knowledge and content vocabulary.

These handouts have students practice their vocabulary by having them label and match the name of the sense to the correct body part. The other handout is a color, cut, and match worksheet. So many skills these cover!

Labeling is always a fun skill and practice for my little guys! 
These worksheets come with word banks too :)

Something new that's added to this download are seasonal writing prompts that students can use to practice their handwriting and writing skills. Take the class outdoors on a  nature walk or have them creatively write in the classroom!


Last, but not least, is our science observations using our 5 senses! This, again, is one of my kids' favorite parts of studying the senses and apples (or pumpkins!). Set up observation stations or do as a whole group activity. Bring in different colored apples and compare them!

I've always loved teaching the senses because there are unlimited ways to approach the material! Plus it's always fun to get the kids engaged with different hands-on activities.

2 comments

  1. This is great! We are learning about 5 senses this week in my classroom!

    kellybrown28021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great! Glad I was able to share it just in time for your classroom! I hope you find it to be helpful!!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing!