Sunday Scoop!

Happy Sunday everyone! Today is my first linky with Teaching Trio to share my 3-2-1 of things I have to do, hope to do, and happy to do! Be sure to link up too!!


Have to Do:
1. My major must have is getting my teaching license from VA transferred to CA! I know I have time and I knew that I wouldn't be teaching this year when we decided to move...but the type-A person in me wants to get all this paperwork and processing done as quickly as possible! 
2. Fall conferences are coming up and I can't wait to share the resource I've been working on! It's been a slow process but these forms have made conferences so productive and easy to share with parents for me in the past! So, be on the lookout this week for it!!
3. And of course, my final must do is laundry, cleaning, etc. of our new place. Thanks to my mom I got the clean-freak gene and I enjoy this stuff. Plus it'll keep me busy during the day while the hubs is at work ;)

Hope to Do:
1. Work outs. It's not my favorite thing to do and I basically HATE doing it. However, it's a necessary evil for me as I wasn't one of the few that were born 'naturally skinny' so I have to work at it. My Fitbit has been an amazing motivator and I still enjoy using it. So, another thing this week that I hope to do is begin getting back on track with my workouts!
2. Moving always requires change and in this case I not only left my family back in VA but we both left an awesome group of friends. It was sad to let them go but I do look forward to meeting new people out here. I was thinking of joining a book club or even taking a French class at the local community college for fun. :)

Happy to Do:
1. My father-in-law helped us move by flying into DC from TX and offered to drive our U-Haul across the country. Isn't he amazing?! Well, while he was staying here for a couple days he offered us a housewarming present that was a brand new 50' TV! It's huge! But, recently we've gotten into The Blacklist with James Spader and we're hooked! We're only on the first season but we look forward to seeing where the story goes!

Well, those are my 3-2-1s so be sure to link up and share your Sunday Scoop!

9 comments

  1. Bah! I should have work-outs on my list... Oh, well... I did remember baking!!
    Lisa
    http://lisateachr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have added baking to my list! I love to bake...it says something when I'm most excited to use my Kitchen Aide mixer ;)

      Delete
  2. Blacklist is our favorite, too!!! It's such a great show and I can't wait for it to start back soon! I can't wait to see your conference pack!
    Chandra
    Teaching with Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we love this show. I think we're only on episode 6 but we got the recommendation to watch from a friend of ours and I'm glad we did! James Spader does a great job with his character :)

      Delete
  3. The Blacklist is such a good show!! We are looking forward to the new season starting!! Hope you can get all your paperwork finalized from your move quickly!!

    recipeforteaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not heard of the Blacklist - I'll have to check it out!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm working my way through The Blacklist right now. Just watched two episodes today! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kelly-
    I completely understand how you're feeling about moving to a new place and needing to meet people. I just moved back to California after living abroad, and I'm having a hard time feeling at home. I think your idea about taking a French class sounds like a great way to meet people. Good luck! :)
    -Erica
    One Lucky Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah I am one of the lucky ones who must workout too! 30 min. At home workouts have really helped me. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing!