Meet The Teacher {Linky}

Tonight I'm linking up with Falling Into First with her Meet the Teacher linky! I love reading about all of my favorite teacher-bloggers and getting to know them beyond the classroom! Be sure to link up at the end of this post!!


Hi there! My name is Kelly Daniel and here's a little about me! I just got married this past June to my (now) wonderful husband! We met when he was stationed up here about 2 years ago and needless to say he's been my rock and I wouldn't know what to do without him. I have been a teacher for 3 years with experience in kindergarten and, most recently, second grade.




 We absolutely LOVE traveling and food even more! One thing I love about him is that it's hard to keep him in one place for too long. I love our adventures, whether it's a road trip or a vacation...we both always find time to travel and experience life outside our little bubble.

Through him I also learned to love food and cooking! On my own I would consider myself a baker (love making cake pops, brownies, cookies, and other sweets!). When we first started dating he wined and dined me to some fantastic restaurants in DC and I became intrigued by the process of cooking. Slowly we began cooking together and finding new recipes to try. Now, we enjoy coming up with the menu for the week and out-cooking one another ;)


I love being active and this year I completed my second half-marathon (his first) and it was such a great experience and was even better having Philip right there with me. I just recently got a Fitbit and it's amazing. I like how motivating it is! I've tried Weight Watchers (and I still highly recommend it!!) and all sorts of other weight loss regimens but the Fitbit is an easy way to stay on top of being active each day and keeping a record of how many calories you put in/out.


These are a few of my favorite things...
Iced coffee {Pumpkin Spice in the fall!} | Autumn | Scarves
Creating | Teaching | Blogging | Law & Order: SVU | Hulu Plus subscription
Snow Days | Traveling | Reading | Real Housewives...and Bravo!

If you weren't a teacher, what would you want to be?
I have this dream of opening my very own food truck! I know it's completely random but I have the best idea for one too!!! {*not going to share for the fear someone will take my idea, haha}

Three little words that describe you.
Intelligent | Sweet | Funny

Finish this sentence: "______" said no teacher ever!!
I really hate all those snow days, said no teacher ever!!

It's your birthday and you can invite anyone (dead or alive) to the party. Who are you inviting?
I would invite a few people....Abraham Lincoln {favorite president}, Michael Jackson, Benedict Cumberbatch, Lady Gaga, and my mom :)

If someone wrote a book about your life what would be the title?
It's The Little Things

You get to pick one superpower. What is it?
The ability to mimic the super powers of others ;)

What's your favorite quote or saying?
In the end, it's not the years of your life that count. It's the life in your years.
-Abraham Lincoln

If you had to sing one song on American Idol what would it be?
Wannabe by the Spice Girls

Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Most definitely a night owl. I hate to say it but I am a bit unpleasant in the morning before my mandatory coffee. It takes me a while to wake up and become the bubbly person I am! Often people mistake me for being b*^%chy but I promise it's just cause I'm not a morning person!

What is your favorite resource you've created in your TpT shop?
I have quite a few favorites but the one that I enjoy the most is the back to school parent/student forms. It's also one of my most popular downloads because it has EVERYTHING you need for collecting all that important information from parents. I just simply put all these forms in a folder on their child's desk and collect them on the first day of school. From there I organize them and keep them safe in my Student Info binder ;)


Share something we may not know about you.
Something you wouldn't know about me is that I studied sign language in high school...and sometimes I eavesdrop on conversations between deaf people :) But seriously, I love this skill because it's come in handy in so many occasions- a lot more than I would have thought!


Be sure to link up with Falling Into First and get to know all those other teacher-bloggers out there!

6 comments

  1. Hola,

    Found your blog thru the Linky party.....and I LOVE your blog design. The colors are superb and not TOO bright (sorry for those who love bright colors). I really like the clipart on your TpT featured product. WOuld you mind sharing who is it by???

    Gracias,
    Kelly
    http://www.learningintwolanguages.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just happened to stumble across Shiny Magic Design and I'm so happy I did! It's a bit more adult than all those other blogs out there (not a put down, just an opinion) :) And the owl clipart I used for my product is from JW Illustrations. I absolutely adore her clip art packs!

      Kelly
      Sliding Into Second Grade

      Delete
    2. Sorry it's not the owls...but the school clip art is also from JW Illustrations :)

      Sliding Into Second Grade

      Delete
  2. I love your design took! And Spice Girls, perfect pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I remember listening to them growing up and it's funny that no matter how much time passes I'll always remember the words to their songs, haha!

      Kelly
      Sliding Into Second Grade

      Delete
  3. Had to laugh about the pumpkin spice latte. My mom called today because she knows how much I love them to let me know they are coming back on August 25th! It'll still be 100 here in Texas, but I'll blast the AC and enjoy it!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing!