Five for Friday {Aug 29}

1. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

 This week I've finished reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn. After reading Gone Girl this summer during my honeymoon Gillian Flynn has quickly become one of my newest favorite authors. I quickly looked up her other novels to add to my Nook and after a recommendation from someone who commented on one of my previous posts I had to download her other books! Now that I've finished I'm beginning to read Dark Places, her second novel before Gone Girl.

If you have any other book recommendations please share! I'd love to download other books since I have a long trek across the country to California coming up!!

2. Hello, Pumpkin Spice Lattes!
This week an amazing thing happened....I was able to drink my very first PSL of the season! It was quite a joyous occasion since Starbucks has decided to release it early this year (I still don't know why). Although the PSL is as delicious as always there is something to be said to waiting a little longer for the season to change and it to get about 20 degrees cooler outside.

Pro of California: I can still order my PSL there
Con of California: No fall season (my favorite!)

3. Living Social + Melting Pot = Goodness
 
Living Social every once and a while has a much coveted deal that seems to sell out almost immediately and this week I was finally able to snag the deal {again!} for a two-course fondue dinner at The Melting Pot. I don't know what it is about that deal and how quickly it goes but I was very happy to treat my honey to some good food :)



If you haven't gotten yours yet be sure to check it out {here}

4. ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
So, this past week my best friend nominated me for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and of course I completed it within the 24 hours. I have to say that when I saw all the videos of my friends doing it, it didn't look that bad. I mean, it definitely looked cold and a bit uncomfortable but nonetheless do-able. Well, from someone who filled their bucket with (apparently a lot) of ice and water that challenge is no. freakin'. joke! I swore I was going to slap my husband for pouring it so slowly!

5. Puppy!
It's been a long few weeks but our gorgeous new mini daschund puppy arrives today and we are beyond excited!! I don't have any photos yet but please believe you'll be in puppy overload soon ;)

I hope everyone enj
oys their Friday and has a wonderful 3-day Labor Day weekend!!

3 comments

  1. I LOVE the melting pot, pumpkin spice and Gone Girl! You must be my kindred spirit. :) I can't wait to start reading some of her other novels..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I have loved everything by Gillian Flynn thus far so it'll be difficult to switch to something new once I finish Dark Places. What other books have you read that you recommend?

      Delete
  2. I'll have to give Gillian Flynn a try. I've heard a lot of good things about Gone Girl. Maybe I should add some of her books to my list. Thanks for the suggestions!!

    Sara
    Sara J Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing!