A Wedding and Honeymoon!

Well hello friends! I know it's been absolutely forever and this time I have a good excuse as to why I have been a bit MIA here on the blog. I GOT MARRIED!!! I know a while back I shared my excitement of getting engaged and then the process leading up to our first half-marathon and now the big day arrived and it's absolutely consumed me! I am happy to say that the wedding went great and it was such a good time. We got married at The Wynn in Las Vegas and all of our friends and family came out to celebrate. For a Vegas wedding it was beautiful, elegant, and just so much fun!

As for our honeymoon we just got back yesterday and we returned to Turks & Caicos! We went last year for vacation and when deciding on a place to go for our honeymoon I knew we both were excited to get back! If you haven't been please go! It has the most beautiful beaches, the resorts are great, the people are friendly...if it weren't for my fair skin I would still be there!!

And on to the bit of a change....
I just finished up my third year with LCPS and my husband recently separated from the Air Force. He separated right before the school year ended and this was our funny predicament: we weren't sure if we would move to Texas or stay here in Virginia. I didn't feel comfortable signing a new teaching contract since we didn't know where we would be living and it's much easier to not sign than to sign and try and get out of it...I just didn't want the hassle.

Now we have decided to stay in the area here in VA but that leaves us with the issue of finding work! Haha! He's in the process of getting a government job and now I have the joy of finding the much coveted teaching position. I might say, finding teaching jobs is stressful! With that being said, I will still continue to create and share teaching ideas of mine or things I have found to be helpful for me even though right now I'm not teaching. I have had so much fun with this blog and I am happy that I've been able to help others either through ideas, products, activities, etc. Thank you to my followers and supporters!! Even though it's been a big transition this summer I look forward to seeing all the fun and new ideas everyone has as we enter into our upcoming school year!

Happy teaching!

5 comments

  1. Congratulations on your wedding! I know how stressful wedding planning can be, but that one day makes it worth it. I hope you are able to find a job soon. Good luck!
    The Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I remember you were also preparing for your wedding! Has the big day arrived yet?? I wish you and your husband the very best. And I also hope I find work soon!! It's weird not having anything lined up- I feel like I'm missing out! But my fingers are crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the marriage! You make a beautiful bride. And prayers that you find a job soon. I know a lot of bigger systems wait to hire until closer to the date, though. Where VA are you located?

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I actually got a call today for an interview on Monday so I'm happy that something is pulling through. I agree, I think that I may get more opportunities as we get closer to the school year starting- but that's so stressful! I am currently living in Alexandria, which is prime location for a lot of school districts. *fingers crossed* :)

      Delete
    2. Yay! Prayers that you get the job! I also wanted to let you know we have a th group for VA teacher bloggers, and we'd love for you to join! Email me at melissa.dalton@live.com, and I can send you the info!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing!