A Recap of Life and Time Centers

Hi again! I know it's been a while since I had the time to post here but alas life has once again taken over. Well, what exactly have I been up to lately? Well...

You may have remembered that last month I registered my fiance and I for the Rock and Roll Half-Marathon and last weekend we ran it! I've run the Disney Half-Marathon a few years ago but this was Philip's first one (please note the Tough Mudder headband...this guy finds these things easy- wish I could say the same!!). Overall, it was a great accomplishment and there's something to be said for completing something like this with someone versus by yourself. I definitely recommend a goal such as 5ks, 10ks, etc. since they keep you motivated to keep moving!

Yay us!

Also, I've been so busy with school since our county pretty much wants E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G planned to the t and not to mention assessed and some kind of data being collected (ugh!). And honestly I've just been exhausted. When is Spring Break again?!? 

But, as my class is finishing up our time unit I did manage to get some activities made for review centers. Here's what I've got!

Time Scavenger Hunt:
This is a fun center where you laminate and cut out the time cards then place them all around the room for students to find. Once found, students must record the time on their accompanying handout.

Rolling with the Time:
This center students use dice to create different times. They must roll the dice and the first number rolled is where the hour hand points. Then, they roll again and record the minute hand. After they have both hands on the clock drawn they must write the time they've made.

Other centers I use are:
-Time BINGO
-I Have Who Has...
-Time computer games
-Math Facts Flash Cards (for review)

The next unit we are heading into is probability in math and human body systems in health...I'll be working on products for those units soon!

No comments

Thank you for sharing!