Slim Down Saturday - February 1st

Good morning everyone! I am here again with an update and linking up with the lovely Gina over at Third Grade Tidbits for the weekly Slim Down Saturdays! Be sure to check it out and link up if you haven't already!!

Sooo as you can see I had a MUCH better week than last time and I'm happy to see that I was able to get back on track after the whole Chick-fil-a sandwich (however, looking back I don't feel all that guilty because it was the best damn sandwich I had in foooorever).  Here's a look at my week:

Ultimate goal: My goal is to tone up my arms for my wedding since I'll be wearing a strapless dress and overall I'm not trying to necessarily lose weight but I'm a happy bride if it happens ;) It would be nice to see a loss of 10-15 lbs by the end of my 3 month subscription to Weight Watchers (WW).

Gain/loss for this week: I lost! Yaaay! I was eager to weigh myself this morning knowing I had been working hard this past week and getting back to work has made such the difference. I control hunger throughout the day with fruit shakes (check out The Body Reset Diet for yummy smoothie ideas). I love that I can pack in a high fruit/veggie meal into a shake and be on my way to work. My favorite is the Apple Pie Smoothie (greek yogurt, whole apple, almonds, milk, cinnamon, and a banana).
Total since starting: I was so happy to see that overall I was able to lose 4 lbs! Weight loss has been so difficult and I get excited that a healthy balance of activity and portion control is letting me still eat the foods I crave/love. Even when my 3 months is up I feel like I'll have the knowledge and discipline to keep up these habits.

Positives from the week: I had a few positives from this week and it's more about maintaining habits like drinking water, getting my booty to the gym, and preparing healthy snacks for throughout the day. The biggest positive this week was that last night my fiance and I met up with friends for a night out and one of them complimented me on the way I looked. For a guy to notice that I feel like is a big deal since men typically wouldn't notice something like that. But, it's always nice to hear compliments :)

Something to do better: Last night was a lot of fun but since this was the first time going out since starting WW I didn't really look up different cocktail alternatives and figure out which ones will help me stay within my points goal. Going into the night I knew that this was going to be a cheat night so I didn't feel bad going over my allowance for the day. However, I didn't realize that certain cocktail ingredients were more than others. I'd like to research a little bit before going out next time- even if it is a cheat night- so I have my 'go-to drinks' when going out. 

Goal for next week: Overall, again, it's all about maintaining for me. I'd like to keep up with my eating and activity routines and making time every now and then to have a little cheat and treat myself.

One word: This week I chose glowing because that's how I am beginning to feel. I'm putting in hard work at work, at the gym, with my meals, etc. and best of all my clothes just fit better. There's nothing like an awesome fitting pair of jeans that makes you feel sexy and beautiful. My goal is to chase this feeling because I never thought that dieting can actually make you feel good about yourself.

That was my week in a nutshell and I can't wait to see what everyone else has been up to! With the Super Bowl tomorrow I'm a little nervous about food choices at a party I'm going to so any recommendations and tips for house party food would be amazing!

4 comments

  1. Wonderful job!! I need to focus on my arms too! It will be my next focus once I get my stomach where I want it. I have started some toning exercises though. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Your almost halfway to your goal of losing 10 pounds. I love that your word is "glowing." I might have to steal that for a future week. As for Super Bowl party tips, I have found that I enjoy the delicious dips as much or sometimes even more when I dip veggies instead of chips You might also want to volunteer to bring a dish so that you know there is something there that you can eat without feeling guilty. I am planning to work out in the morning to earn some activity points and plan my day accordingly. Before you eat anything, ask yourself if it's worth it. That should make it easier to make smart choices. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is so inspiring! Isn't it amazing how losing just a few pounds can make us feel better? The jeans feel a little looser, the stomach a little smaller, the arms a little firmer. A little at a time can add up to a lot! You are on a roll, my friend! Keep it up!!! I love when I feel "glowing"...I need that again! Thank you for the amazing inspiration!

    Have a wonderful week!
    Beth :)
    A Kindergarten Life For Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Young adults are already in a category that lose weight a lot faster than say someone who is 45.
    I am 40 and found P90X and Insanity worked well..very well. Bill Phillips Body for Life worked very well years ago.
    And I wanted something that was easier on my body, didn't take as much time, and I didn't have to think about what my next meal was going to be.
    I researched and found two that my full criteria. I know there are more out there...
    First I found one that is great for men and women at http://buildthemuscle.net.
    And the one I decided to do because it has a great support system of women doing the program and finished the program, just for women, and simply laid out and guaranteed and I found it at http://inshapenow.net.
    I'm losing on average 1 1/2 pounds a week.
    I think one of the keys to success is setting yourself up for success. Find a plan that is realistic to your lifestyle so you aren't cheating or angry at yourself for missing a workout or a meal.

    To your lifestyle change!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing!