Five for Friday!

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone had a good week and happy Valentines Day to everyone out there in the teacher bloggy world! Today is a fun day where you can celebrate love with friends and family. Today, Philip and I are headed all the way to California (he's going for work and I just get to tag along for the long weekend!). I am really looking forward to a little break :) Here's my randoms for this week... 
Five for Friday

1. FaceTime with my niece
My niece always cracks me up and she hasn't lost any of her humor or light after my sister passing, which was great to see. I don't get to see them very often but when I do it's a great feeling!

2. Game of Thrones
I know we are a bit behind the rest of the world but we have fallen in love with this series. I had seen the first season before but I wanted to introduce Philip to it since I had a good feeling he would like it. He's not too into Lord of the Rings and things like that, but he has really gotten into the story lines of all the characters. We just got to season 2 so we are on our way to catching up! And his favorite character, of course, is...

3. 3D shapes!
 This week my class has been working on solid and plane shapes. The other day we were exploring vertices and edges using marshmallows and toothpicks. A fun way to show them the faces on a shape is using bubble mix and dip them! I went around and dipped one side of their cubes to show them where the faces are. They seriously thought it was the coolest thing ever! My hope is that they were able to see where each vertex, edge, and face are located! 

4. Ancient Egypt Note Packet
Download TpT
We have been working hard this week in our Ancient Egypt packet! I've created easy-to-follow notes for students that goes great with any plans or lessons. It allows students to engage with their learning and has fun activities like writing your name in hieroglyphics! Find the link to the download above!

5. Half-Marathon
No, but seriously...I am very excited to run my second half-marathon and first time running with my fiance coming up in March. Seeing as though I'm trying to get in shape and shed a few pounds for the wedding, I thought it would be 'fun' to get motivated by having something to work towards. And I am very happy he's willing to suffer with me :)

4 comments

  1. I am tagging along on the boyfriend's business trip this weekend so I totally understand! Love that you are training for a marathon! Best of luck!

    -Sarah
    A Rocky Top Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a great time and get to spend Valentines Day together! And thanks for the luck...I'll need it since I'm not that great of a runner. It's great motivation though :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your marathon coming up!! Way to go!! Happy Valentine's Day!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love Game of Thrones. I read the first book, and have the others downloaded but haven't gotten to them yet. I love a long weekend when my husband has a meeting, and I can just veg out with no cleaning or anything to do. Congrats on the half-marathon. That's on my bucket list. That e-card is hilarious. Hope you had a fun weekend!

    Amy

    Always Adapting

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing!