Slim Down Saturday!

Thank you to Third Grade Tidbits for hosting this fantastic linky each week. It celebrates the fitness/health goals we all have and provides a place to share our experiences and progress! As I've mentioned before, I'm a first-timer to Weight Watchers and I decided to try it out to help gain the motivation to get in shape for my upcoming wedding in June. I've tried traditional diets and work out regimens in the past with no results! It became SUPER frustrating and I felt like I could never lose any weight no matter how hard I worked.

Well, WW has helped me with portion control and with making smart and healthy choices. I've been able to continue eating the foods I love and be more conscious about the kinds of foods (and how much) I eat. I was a little disappointed that I didn't see too much weight loss in the first couple weeks but sticking with it I'm now starting to see it and feel it in the clothes I wear. Yay!

So, for my third week here are my results:
Ultimate Goal: My main ultimate goal, and reason for joining WW, was really to motivate myself to tone my upper body for my strapless wedding dress. When trying on dresses I noticed a little pudge I wanted to work on so I knew it was time to hit the gym. However, I know that working out alone doesn't work- I have to change my diet too. But with being active and taking control of my portions I've been able to lose some weight in the process, which is a happy result!

Gain/Loss this week: Yay! This week I was able to see about a 1.6 lb loss! Working through my lunches most days forces me to pack light snacks throughout the day since I rarely get time to actually sit down and enjoy a meal. So, always packing my water bottle and having pre-made snacks handy have been a life saver! I've also begun making smoothies to take for my breakfast. It's an easy way to pack in fruits and veggies on the go!

Total since starting: I was a bit discouraged to not see as much of a loss but sticking with it I'm now starting to see slow progress. I'm in my third week of WW and I see that I've lost 2 lbs. To keep me motivated I think of a package of ground meat and think to myself "hey I lost 2 of those!" ;)

Positives from the week: Well, as I mentioned before, I was able to see a significant loss in weight. Even if its .2 or .6 of a pound- it's something. It's nice to know the work going into this is paying out somehow and I feel more confident in my clothes. I also was able to up some of the resistance in my arm workouts, which is amazing since I have zero upper-body strength.

Something to do better: I chose this week to do better in making time for workouts. After a long day the last thing I want to do is work out. Most nights I want a glass or few of wine, my PJs, and an episode of Mob Wives. BUT, I need to keep in mind that I'm seeing loss in weight BECAUSE I'm making the time to work out.

Goal for next week: The goal I chose for next week is to continue drinking more water throughout the day- especially on the weekends. But, as I was writing this it got me thinking that I should have chosen getting more sleep. It's important to get enough shut-eye so your body can recover from the day but with grading and the end of the quarter coming up...and just life in general...I haven't been getting the sleep I should.

One word: This week has been very exciting AND motivating. I've reached a place where I've seen progress and it pushes me to keep moving forward.

I look forward to reading about everyone else's progress this week and be sure to link up!!!

8 comments

  1. Well done Kelly for not being discouraged and being able to see your weight loss this week. I'm like you and have zero upper body strength, that's great you are seeing some results already.
    Good luck with your WW adventures.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the loss!!! I am hysterically laughing over your 2 packages of ground meat lost. When you think of it that way, a couple pounds seems like a lot more! Good luck next week!
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha yeah, I try to find any way to keep myself in the positive. It's easy to get down on yourself when you only see a fraction of a pound lost but the 'ground meat' analogy helps keep me on the path. :)

      Good luck to you too and thanks for starting such a fabulous linky!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful job on your weight loss this week! I have considered WW, but so far I am doing alright with counting calories. Getting enough sleep is definitely important, and I am already drained this week with only one day of school so far... not a good start! LOL! I hope you have another great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! I'm not disciplined enough to count calories but I'm so happy it's working for you. That's the true trick- find something that works for you and your body. WW has worked for me since it kinda tells you what to do and works within the goals you set (I need that drill instructor type to knock the chocolate cookies and glass of wine out of my hands). And I'm still trying to work on that whole sleeping goal, haha. But, thanks for the kind words and good luck to you too!!

      Kelly

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the weight loss! It can be so discouraging when you aren't seeing the numbers, but they do come! I'm so glad to see this linky and want to join in next time.

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late
    Follow me on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, please link up this week! It's been great seeing what everyone is up to!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing!