Slim Down Saturday - Jan 25th

Once again I am linking up with Gina over at Third Grade Tidbits this week to share my progress! As I've mentioned before, weight loss was always something that didn't come easy for me. I am about 5ft 7in, I have a pear shape to me, I've always been around 160lbs my young to adult life, and when I began Weight Watchers I was amazed that the scale read 183lbs. I don't look or really feel overweight, I would think...and I know that I'm not- but you can't help but feel that when the scale spits something back at you that is MUCH higher than you were thinking.

However, I do have to say that this program is something that works for me and I am excited to see the scale (finally!) dipping down. So, this week here is how I did...

Ultimate goal: My ultimate goal is to look fabulous in my wedding dress this June. It only takes one picture to make you motivated to get your butt moving and my wedding is the perfect motivator.

Gain/Loss for this week: I am a bit upset at this weigh-in because I knew that my eating habits this week wasn't the best and it shows. I weighed myself earlier this week at a wonderful 179.8 lbs (eeek!!) but of course by Saturday it seemed I gained it back. I've had my nephew visiting these past two weekends with all the snow days and of course we've been treating him while he's here. I just need to be A LOT better about staying within my points! Ugh.

Total since starting: My total loss so far has been -1.4 lbs. It's still weight lost but with gaining this pound I'll just have to work harder next week.

Positives from the week: In the same breath, one positive from the week and having all of these snow days is actually getting to the gym. While my nephew plays his xbox I'm able to get away and actually have the energy to get a good workout in. So, there's a plus!

Something to do better: Again, I would like to drink more water. It's easy during the school day to carry my water bottle around with me but these snow days make it easier to snack and I haven't been drinking as much water as I should be. Plus, water is a great filler and a habit that really helped keep my hunger in check. I need to take more sips between bites and overall just drink more water. I also need to keep healthier snacks around the house and not eat out as often even though we have company. It's so hard!!

Goal for next week: After this weekend and not making it to the gym, I've set the goal for myself to hit the gym at least 3x a week. My normal workout is mostly arms with about a mile of cardio to finish me off. So, my workout routine is not that intense so I should be able to make it work within my work week. 

One word: The word I chose this week was disappointed only because I knew that having Chickfila once this week (and it's been forever!) would be ok as long as I continued my other routines such as water drinking and going to the gym. However, as tasty as it was it definitely used up all my points for the day and I couldn't recover. I learned a hard lesson in 'cheating' on my points and it hurt me this week. However, I'm determined to catch back up and see more losses this week coming up!

I encourage everyone who is either starting a new routine or have been making goals to live healthier the best week moving forward!! I also really encourage everyone to link up and share their gains/losses with others because it's the community that also gives us motivation when the scale doesn't pull through for us. We all make gains but we also have some weeks where we don't, but I love seeing how all the other amazing women are getting through and working towards their goals! So, thanks again Gina for hosting!!

8 comments

  1. Don't beat yourself up. Sometimes you need to enjoy a treat.. like Chick fil A. It happens. Just kick butt next week! I can't do weight watchers or anything else that requires you to watch points, calories, etc because I just don't pay attention to it. So instead, I try to make better choices and eat healthier in general. Good luck next week!
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still have weight loss overall, and that is great!! You definitely need some cheat days sometimes, so you don't want to binge eat all the time. Maybe have some workouts for home too, in case you don't make it to the gym. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine how difficult it is to stay focused when you are home all day due to snow days. Good for you for still making it to the gym despite the snow! Last week I showed no weight loss, but this week I rebounded with a pretty decent loss. Have you found your wedding dress yet? Trying mine on every once in a while has definitely been great motivation to keep going. Good luck this week!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found my dress but it hasn't come in yet! But I do like the idea of the dress being a motivator to keep going. Thanks for the support! :)

      Delete
  4. Aww...I hate that your word is disappointed. Don't stress over a cheat now & then. That will only lead to discouragement. It's okay to have a cheat day occasionally. Just get back with points & it'll start coming off again. Have a great week!

    Primary Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you SO much to all the ladies who have commented this week! It's so nice to feel all the support from all of you and although I don't feel too bad about my cheat day, I know I need to find that balance. Hopefully we'll be back to work this week and I can get back into my groove :)

    Can't wait to see everyone next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't get discouraged! Bob Harper (Biggest Loser) says that you should plan one cheat meal each week. The goal is to make sure you're eating right the rest of the time. It's hard not to gain when you're sitting around at home all week because of snow, also. Hopefully what's coming tonight/tomorrow doesn't cause as many problems!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late
    Follow me on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Young adults are already in a category that lose weight a lot faster than say someone who is 45.
    I am 40 and found P90X and Insanity worked well..very well. Bill Phillips Body for Life worked very well years ago.
    And I wanted something that was easier on my body, didn't take as much time, and I didn't have to think about what my next meal was going to be.
    I researched and found two that my full criteria. I know there are more out there...
    First I found one that is great for men and women at http://buildthemuscle.net.
    And the one I decided to do because it has a great support system of women doing the program and finished the program, just for women, and simply laid out and guaranteed and I found it at http://inshapenow.net.
    I'm losing on average 1 1/2 pounds a week.
    I think one of the keys to success is setting yourself up for success. Find a plan that is realistic to your lifestyle so you aren't cheating or angry at yourself for missing a workout or a meal.

    To your lifestyle change!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing!