Saturday Snapshots!


Good afternoon blogger friends! Today I am linking up with Miss Nelson to share my Saturday Snapshots!

This past week has been SUPER busy at work but then my personal life kinda took over this weekend! Philip and I finally got all moved in to our new apartment in Old Town. I have to say, this moving trip was by far the easiest move ever! For the most part we were able to move a lot of our stuff just using his Jeep (since my Mini is worthless, haha) and we hired movers to help with the big stuff. First, I have to put in a little plug for our moving company because they were amazing! Super efficient, professional, and quick with the move. Two Marines Moving is based in Alexandria, VA and I couldn't say enough great things. So, if you're moving soon and live in the Northern Virginia area, please consider checking these guys out. Plus, it's a wonderful opportunity to help our marine veterans by supporting their business.

Philip and I are all moved in and getting settled. The day we decided to move in happens to be the same day a girlfriend and I signed up for the Cosmic Run 5k. It was so much fun!! Think of the Color Run but at night and with glowing powder and glow sticks!! I mean, who doesn't love glow-in-the-dark stuff? Again, if you're looking for a fun run with friends that gets you nice and dirty check out Living Social for a deal (that's how I found it).


And finally...some very exciting news...Philip proposed on Saturday!!! I cannot believe I have a fiance now when just a couple days ago he was my boyfriend, haha. It was so cute the way he did it too. Apparently, he had this planned for months and even went to go ask for my father's permission while I was at work and he had a day off from work. I feel as though some tradition is being lost with this generation but I'm am so happy that he included my father (and parents) in the process and I know they appreciate it too.
(official engagement photos coming soon!)

So, he first was going to 'pop the question' on the night we moved in as a way to celebrate our first night in our new home. He even bought champagne (but told me it was for the house)! But of course after the 5k and moving all day I was completely pooped and just wanted to sleep. I just felt so bad because I had no idea he was planning all this :)

Then, the next morning (and I must mention I had no makeup on, my pj's, and my hair in a messy bun...of course) I woke up and started getting some laundry done so I had clean clothes for work after moving. That's when he tells me that he has a little 'moving in' gift for me. I feel like at this point I should have felt a shift in the force and see it coming but I had no idea that when I closed my eyes, then opened them again, he would be on one knee and ask me to marry him. I immediately broke into tears and after a minute of me crying I finally mustered "yes!" and he gave me this beautiful ring.
 
I am so excited to call this wonderful man my fiance and couldn't be more excited to begin our next adventure together! Now...even more of a reason to dedicate a large portion of my day pinning ideas on Pinterest.

5 comments

  1. Congratulations on your engagement. How exciting for you!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am in the throws of wedding planning right now...it is so much fun. Just enjoy it!
    The Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! That is so exciting. Congratulations! Your ring is absolutely GORGEOUS! That run sounds cool too... if only I enjoyed running haha.

    Margaux
    The Imaginagy Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting!!!!! Your ring is gorgeous. Wedding planning is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing!