Even and Odd Numbers

Happy hump day!

Today I am sharing with you what we've been hard at work with in math. It's even and odd numbers! My calendar math is full of math review so my kiddos get to touch base with a lot of the math concepts they'll be working with throughout the year. I've added an even and odd component to my Calendar Math Cards set this year and it's a great tool to engage that prior knowledge!

Soooo....this past week we've been hard at work identifying these even and odd numbers with fun activities. After some discussion and a lovely BrainPopJr video, we dived right in to playing around with these numbers. Thanks to the amazing Mrs. Lemons over at Step Into 2nd Grade, I used her even and odd sort freebie as a review day and the kids really were getting the hang of it!

To go along with our math unit I've created this fun Thanksgiving themed even and odd sort that can be used as a center to reinforce the concepts learned. Be sure to check it out along with all my other products over at my TpT store!

Some great mentor texts for your even and odd unit are:
 
 

No comments

Thank you for sharing!