Five for Friday


THANK GOODNESS IT'S FRIDAY!! Today I am linking up again with Doodle Bugs Teaching for their weekly linky party!

#1: Pumpkin Spice Lattes
I seriously don't think I could live anywhere where there weren't seasons...or at least fall. Fall happens to be my favorite season because the weather begins to cool off, the colors are beautiful, cute layered clothes, and Starbucks rolls out their seasonal drink the PSL. It's literally fall in a mug and it's amazing.

#2: Scarves!!
Continuing with my fall theme, I was SO excited to finally break out my scarves! This is an essential accessory piece for me once the cool air swoops in. It's been beautiful as of late...and I was so excited to see that a Lou Lou's opened within walking distance of my apt in DC!

#3: Student Birthday Gift
This week I got to use the birthday homework passes I made for my kids this summer using Vista Print! He was so shocked that the card was a homework pass- so needless to say it was a hit. I think kids enjoy getting things like this because these days they tend to just get pencils. I'm glad he was happy to receive it...now every one of my kids looks forward to their birthday a little bit more ;)

#4: Staff Meetings
During the beginning of the year I've come to realize that our staff meetings tend to be about topics already discussed in earlier meetings. Rarely do these meetings have anything positive anymore- just seems like more is added to our plates and nothing is really taken off. But....I found this ecard and made me chuckle because I know other teachers out there can relate and since nothing will change, sometimes we just have to laugh about it :)

#5 Unwind with Drunk History
So, again a little adult humor that got me through my week was discovering Drunk History on Hulu Plus. The boyfriend and I were skimming through the channels and we stumbled upon this hilarious show. It's exactly what it's titled....history being retold by drunk people. Since Philip is from San Antonio, TX (and grew up learning all about TX history) I thought it would be fun to watch the episode about The Alamo. Seriously, it's the funniest thing we've seen since the Geico 'Hump Day' camel commercial :)

2 comments

  1. Oh my gosh! How awesome it must be to live near D.C. I love your birthday gifts.
    Mrs. Tretbar’s Library

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love scarves too!! They can spruce up just about any outfit!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing!