VA is for Bloggers- Southern Hospitality Freebie Blog Hop

Today I am linking up with Karen over at Mrs. Stamp's Kindergarten for a fun blog hop! I've never done one of these before but it's so much fun! I love seeing all the fun activities people came up with and the best part is...we're all sharing them for FREE!

What I have for you today as a part of my freebie is a 'New Vocabulary Workbook'. Reflecting on something that I could do differently this upcoming year would definitely be more word work in general. I'd like to have something where students have a place to record a new word, whether it's a sight word, something they read in their books, content, etc. So, this little workbook allows students to not only record the word but to define it (dictionary skills), draw it, and correctly use it in a sentence.

This download allows you to copy as many pages as you'd like for the workbook (that's why it's only a few slides long...just copy what you need). I was thinking to either staple it or bind it so it's good all year long and they can keep it in their desks.


Next up on the blog hop is...

13 comments

  1. Kelly! Love your blog- LOVE the colors! So cute!! I can't believe we're both in the same blog hop!!!! :D

    -Caitlyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know! I noticed you were on the distro but wasn't sure if you were still blogging...so happy to see you are! Your blog looks amazing too!

      Delete
  2. Kelly...I am sorry to point it out, but I don't see the download.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I forgot to put the download in when I made the post then set it up for automatic posting this morning...oops! The download should appear now!

      Delete
  3. Love finding another second grade teacher in Virginia! I'm looking in to upping my vocabulary resources this year too.

    ~Heather
    The Meek Moose
    The Meek Moose on TpT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's very exciting to find other grade level teachers and I'm happy to have found you! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy to have found you and your blog -- I'm blogging from Franklin County VA -- nice to find a fellow VA blogger :) I teach 3rd grade, and so many of your items will be Oh-so helpful during review time. It's been about 7 years since I taught 2nd grade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! Thanks for sharing! It will be perfect for all kinds of things!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I was looking to make something that was simple but could be really beneficial to more than just one grade level. Glad you can use it! :)

      Delete

Thank you for sharing!