Five For Friday!

So, I'm a little late for this linky but this week has been very busy and I'm excited to share what I've been up to! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share 5 random things from this week.

#1 Got to my classroom!
I was so excited to check my work email and find that special message from the principal letting us know when we can finally get back into our rooms! This week has been a blur but it's nice to get to work and start putting my room together! I can definitely say that being in my second year in 2nd grade makes it so much easier to organize and arrange furniture since I have an idea of how the year will run. I'm definitely feeling a lot more prepared :)

#2 Tried a new restaurant in DC
Since we are planning to move in October Philip and I are taking it upon ourselves to try and enjoy as much of DC food as we can before we leave. Within the last few months so many new restaurants popped up near our place so it's been exciting to discover these little places one by one. The place we ate at this time was Ghibellina on 14th street which is an Italian Gastro Pub and I have to say that their food was amazing. Definitely a place I recommend to anyone visiting the area. But you seriously can't go wrong with anything on 14th St NW! :)

#3 Finished season 1 of Breaking Bad
Obviously we are a bit behind in the obsession of Breaking Bad but with it available on Netflix makes it super easy for us to catch up. Well, catch up a lot! I look forward to seeing how season 2 plays out.

#4 Taking time to slow down
With the school year quickly approaching it's important that I take the time to do fun stuff with the boy since I'm going to become busier and...more tired. He's always so supportive and knows how hard I work (even during the summer!). Tonight we made some yummy oatmeal cookies! 

#5 I reached 100 followers!
I was so excited this week to see that my little blog here reached 100 followers both on Bloglovin' AND Facebook! I'm so proud of this little accomplishment since last year my blog barely got 10 views. This has become my little baby and the support has been amazing! I'm really looking forward to how the year will progress...so, thank you to all of my followers!!!

5 comments

  1. Congratulations on reaching 100 followers!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 100 followers! Your blog is so precious, and I'm thrilled that I found it through the VA Blog Hop. I may have to try out that restaurant next time I'm in DC!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late
    Follow me on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 100 followers!! I'm inspired to go make some cookies now!!
    Erin
    The E-Z Class Follow on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing!