Five for Friday Linky

Today I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching (I can't believe she's already back to school!!) for a fun linky! Just list random five things from today or this week and link up!
#1: Kickball (and a birthday!) with my ladies!
That's me (far left) and my best girlfriends out playing with our kickball league yesterday! It's so much fun...well, the hanging out and the after game drinks ;) I recommend that all teachers have at least one fun thing they do for themselves and surround yourself with those you love!

#2 I'm a winner!
So Banana Republic, my favorite store EVER, had a contest where you pick a picture of you and your significant other and post a little blurb about what you love about them. Easy, right?! I never win anything...like, ANYTHING so you could imagine how excited I was when I got my gift card in the mail this week for $500 to shop! Everyone loves free money, right?!

#3 J'apprends fran├žais
I know I have written about Rosetta Stone in a previous post but as it's been a couple weeks since I've started I am really starting to pick it up! It's always so much fun...and frustrating at times (dang grammar!) to learn a new language. But, there are those little highs when the lightbulb goes off...that's the best feeling!

#4 We're moving!
Like I kinda mentioned in my last post, the boyfriend and I were approved this week for our new apartment in Old Town, Alexandria! Old Town is this little quaint but hip town in Alexandria where the cutest shops and food are and the waterfront is right there overlooking the city and National Harbor. I can't wait to move into our new place!

#5 English stylin'
So my birthday girl (see first picture) is throwing a Big Hats and Bow Ties themed birthday party and yesterday I got my very first fascinator. I'm not typically a hat person but my love for all things English (and Royal ;) ) I thought to wear a fascinator instead. Oh boy, all the ones I could choose from...but I'm going with black since my dress is also a black lace dress. Now if only THAT could come in the mail...

4 comments

  1. Kelly,

    You obviously live very close or in DC! So do I! And my hubby and I also love Old Town! We should meet up sometime :-)

    Heather
    The Land of I Can

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun! Nice to meet someone also in the area! I also love everything Housewives and so it appears we already have a lot in common :)

      Delete
  2. I just started a blog today and am looking around on everyone's sites. Did you design your own cover page or purchase one? I love the banners! I too am a second grade teacher. This is my second year teaching second, and I am at a different school in my district. I taught fourth for 7 years and first for 1 year. Looking forward to a new school year and getting and sharing new ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your new blog! I look forward to checking it out this year! I paid for my design (there are millions of designers out there but I used Dreamlike Magic Designs) and I think that custom made blogs not only look super cute, but they show your followers that you're serious about the products you put out there and are custom to who you are as an individual.

      Good luck this year and can't wait to start following your adventures! :)

      Delete

Thank you for sharing!