Binder Covers + Back to School Forms

Happy Thursday! Today I was in the mood to update my binder covers for next year. Just looking for some color and an overall refreshing look to my binders since last year was good...just not what I wanted this year. So, I went ahead and went with full color! Available on my TpT store for FREE is my binder cover packet. With this download you'll get some nice covers as well as some forms I put together and plan on using during our Back to School night event.
These binder covers include: lesson plans, guided reading lesson plans, writing grades, word study lesson plans, student information, and social committee (I am the co-president member at my school). 

Included in my packet are these forms that can be used in your classroom or you can even do something similar. Something that my grade level does in attempt to organize school supplies coming in AND keep kids busy while you talk with parents is a scavenger hunt on Open House day. This is a sheet that is given to students upon arrival and they spend the 30 minutes or so getting used to the classroom all the while putting their supplies in designated areas. So easy!
 During Back to School Night or schools sometimes refer to it as Parent Night, this form will help you gather information about your students. I typically place this form in a pocket folder along with other important information. This is placed on the student's desk and the parents fill out necessary forms while you talk about the upcoming year.
This next form was a life saver for me last year and I've updated it to give it a better look. How I use this form is that each week students record where they ended each day on the Clip Chart. As morning work each Monday, students practice writing their names and writing the dates for each day of the week that week. This saves a lot of time at the end of the day...but of course I have a few who skip this step in the morning and are required to write the dates at the end of the day before getting their backpacks. Each night parents are asked to initial next to each day, telling me that they have seen their behavior. This also helps cut down on parents needing those daily emails about their child's behavior. 
Last year I allowed students to circle with a pencil where they ended but I ran into the problem of certain friends changing them when I wasn't looking or when they got home. I'm thinking of this year having them use a crayon or a highlighter at their seats to record them. We will see how this goes. :)

This little slip also helps me keep track of behavior grades and gives good evidence for parent-teacher conferences. 

What do you use in your classroom for behavior management??



3 comments

  1. I Love your NEW Back to School Binder Covers, but I could not find them on TPT. Could you direct me? email: hansval@sasktel.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have taken those down since I've updated the school forms. I'll be sure to put those binder covers back up separately.

      Delete
    2. I've been trying to find your student information form, can you please help me!? tracytesluck@gmail.com

      Delete

Thank you for sharing!